Friday, November 30, 2007
Joakim Borgström (JAB*), creative director of from Wieden+Kennedy Amsterdam offered us a great performance.
All his presentation was focused on interaction and experience. To explain it better, he used some interesting concepts as
- “Kansei”: The main ideas are: the product design matching perfectly with the user expectation and create advertising that involves the consumer in an emotional way.
The word comes from the expression “Kansei Engineering System” (KES) that means incorporate emotion and feelings at the design process.
“Kansei Kansei es un término japonés donde la sílaba kan significa sensitividad y sei significa sensibilidad. Se usa de forma polisémica para expresar la cualidad de un objeto de despertar placer en su uso.”
- “FFF”: Fast. Immediate Consumption | Forwardable. I want to share it | Fun.(?) Tactile Experiences.
- Cross Border Communication
- Real Time
- Advertising + Entertainment
- “Wow Effect”
For each topic, he presented demos and cases (out of the presentation), everything reacting in real time.
There were 2 funny online cases from Carlsberg website, called “Trials of Friendship”
- Please hold my beer: a virtual friend asks you to hold his beer while he goes to the bathroom, you cannot stop clicking the mouse, if you relax your mouse finger, the beer falls in the floor. You can be clicking for hours, and there are a lot of funny situations that appear during it. The record is more than 12 hours without take the finger out of the mouse!
- Don´t touch my sister: it is similar, but the friend ask you that, and the cute sister stays in front of you smiling, if you click, she hits you. If not, you start to have deliriums about her. It is really funny.
*JAB Personal website: http://www.borgstrom.com/
**The agency that created and produced “the Coke Side of Life” and much more. Take a look: http://www.wk.com